.
.
.
.

Monday, September 29, 2014

Just Checking In...

There has been some secret sewing going on here which is one of the reasons I haven’t posted for a while.  Another excuse reason is that my husband and I attempted to paint the interior of our house ourselves.  And then there is the fact that my sewing machine is at the repair shop.

The secret sewing is gifts for friends.  Some of those Lovies follow my blog.  That is a good reason, right?

The painting proved to be something we decided was better left to the professionals… contractors report October 20th!  We have really high ceilings and some challenging areas so I do not feel one bit guilty about bailing on that task.

And then there is the sewing / embroidery machine…remember the cute little cosmetic bags that I made and then the machine decided it just did not want to work with that design any longer?  Well it started acting strange with other designs so I took it to the dealer last week.  It’s still there and I haven’t sewn a stitch.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My cousin asked me to knit her 8 month old baby girl a Yoda hat for Halloween.  Yep, you read that right…a Yoda hat.  Can’t say that I had even seen a Yoda hat until now but I’m giving it a try.  You might see a picture soon.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Last time I shared that I purchased a quilt pattern from Kaaren at The Painted Quilt.  It is going to be my husband’s Man Quilt.  Well, the real name of the pattern is Camp Wilderness.


Kaaren writes great patterns and includes the most amazing line drawings for the applique’ pieces as well as close up photos for reference.


Even though I do not plan to start this quilt until next year, I have been researching fabric choices.  I would love to use one line of fabric.  Any ideas?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

And lastly, I won a giveaway!  Carrie, the Queen of applique’, won a prize for a quilt she made and donated to the Quilters Dream Batting Hopes and Dreams Quilts Challenge. Click here to read more about Carrie’s participation and see her adorable quilt. When Carrie received her prize she realized it included items that she likely would not have time to complete so she shared them with some of her followers.

I won patterns for tea towels…13 of the cutest patterns for all seasons.  Thank you Carrie!


There are 5 towels that I would love to make right now….if only I had a machine... errr!


Thank you for stopping by and I hope that you all have a fantastic week.

12 comments:

Vicky Hunt said...

Hope you get your machine back soon! Sounds like you made a good choice contracting out the painting job. I would not want to have to paint really high walls and ceilings. I know you will be happy to get that done. COngrats on winning the patterns...I'm sure you will put them to good use soon. Have a blessed week!

Hugs, Vicky

Art and Sand said...

We went with the professional painter from the get go knowing that the detail in our mullioned windows was more than we wanted to tackle.

My machine was in the shop recently too. I am hoping my 1966 Bernina continues to love me.

What a fun win.

Needled Mom said...

Being without the machine must be so frustrating. Those tea towels will be fun and cute.

I can't wait to see a Yoda hat. Not sure I know what one would look like either.

Gene Black said...

Congrats on your win!

Now if you were close by, I could loan you a machine. I have--errr several. (sigh) I have my first ever machine and I am sure it will outlast me. It is a 70s model mechanical Kenmore in avocado green. (I got it used.)

Candace said...

I wondered what you were up to, Jeanna! Hee - we learned a long time ago the professional painters are quicker and more accurate and could acutally save us money and pain in the long run! Your projects are very ambitious and I hope to see them soon! I finally broke down and got a second machine for when mine is in the shop and it's lighter for taking to class! Being without a sewing machine is withdrawal for me!
Cheers!

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

I don't mind painting once I get started, but oh that procrastination!! It is usually my January project. I think you selected the perfect "man" quilt. I have halloween on my mind right now.
xx, Carol

Anne said...

I hope you get your machine back soon, Jeanna. I'd be tearing my hair out without mine! :o)

Debbie Harris said...

Your man quilt is very nice!
I do not sew much, but it seems like you need or want your machine most when it its down.
Happy Autumn to you!
Debbie

Aunt 'Reen said...

Awesome quilt project to make for your husband! I sure hope you get your machine back soon! Congratulations on receiving those wonderful patterns too!

moosecraft said...

Congrats on the win, but sorry your machine is giving you fits... on the man quilt... I would suggest any of the Kansas Troubles lines... they all pretty much stay in the same colorway as those panels you have... and I think she even offers some flannels?

moosecraft said...

ooops! Upon enlarging the pic I see it's not panels.... but applique... lol! Anyways... I still think the kansas troubles has a great colorway for this...

Carrie P. said...

Painting is no fun. We did ours by ourselves but I told my husband we will pay someone next time to do it.
You will have to show that Yoda hat when you finish.
Great pattern from Kaaren.It is hard to see what kind of fabrics she used but with that pattern I don't think you could go wrong using all batiks.
Hope you get your machine back soon so you can start one of those tea towels. Have fun.