After way too many
days weeks, I finally made it back into the sewing room
today. (Insert Happy Dance!) I am very pleased to report that I am on schedule with my Goodnight Irene sew-along with Terry. Granted it is only the first
I chose to use 5” pre-cut batiks from Hoffman called Breakers for the print fabric. The background fabric is some crisp white yardage I picked up at a new fabric store in town.
Missouri Quilt Company has a couple of YouTube tutorials on how to make a scrappy4-patch as well as the X block. I used their methods to create these…
Hopefully the links above will take you to the correct videos as they are very helpful and I found their techniques to be fast and accurate.
This month’s goal was to create the first row of blocks for the quilt but NOT sew them together. Since it is supposed to be scrappy, we may need to rearrange some blocks later.
On my design wall…
In the dining room, was hoping for better light…
It isn’t too late to join Terry’s sew-along. Check out the links on her sidebar and see everyone’s progress so far.
Hope you all have a blessed week…now time for me to clean up my mess J