.
.
.
.

Thursday, May 18, 2017

2017 Basket Sew Sampler Quilt – Block 1

I recently subscribed to the Fat Quarter Shop’s Sew Sampler Box.  Each month a box arrives with not only fabric but some really useful tools and coupons.  The box also includes a block pattern recipe card.

I didn’t subscribe in time to get all of the 2016 recipe cards, although they are still available on the FQS website.

When I heard that the 2017 sew sampler quilt was a basket quilt designed by Lori Holt, I knew that I wanted to make it.  I do not have a basket quilt but love the look and I think I can use this as a scrap busting project.  

The recipe card includes instructions for three different sized blocks, 5 ½”, 10 ½” and 15 ½”.  I am making the 10 ½” blocks.  If you have been following my Farm Girl Vintage progress then you know that small blocks are not my thing, other than a lesson learned.

Here is my Block 1



This one worked up nice and quick…hope the others do the same 😊

Have a wonderful weekend, my friends.  My sister will be visiting from Houston and we are celebrating my baby girl’s 22nd birthday.  YIKES!  Where does the time go?


11 comments:

Gene Black said...

Your block looks great - perfect, in fact.

If you find out where the time goes, we will plan a road trip and go bring a lot of it back. I could use some extra.

Vicki in MN said...














Love Gene's comment!! Yes I am not a small block girl either, I do like them, because they are so darn cute,but not making them, LOL


Daryl @ Patchouli Moon Studio said...

Small blocks are much harder to cut and sew, so I wholeheartedly agree with you about small blocks not being your thing or my thing either, although I like the look of small blocks, just not sewing them, lol! Have fun making your scrappy blocks. The cake stand block you made looks nice! My daughter will be 34 in October and my grandson 10 in November and I wonder how that happened so fast! Enjoy her birthday together.

Needled Mom said...

Yes....where does it go?

Your basket block looks beautiful. That will be a fun quilt.

Julierose said...

Sounds like a fun BOM--your first block is just lovely...hugs, Julierose

Karen said...

I have some basket recipe cards put out by Laundry Basket Quilts. They are for one size block. Used them once for a quilt but can't even tell you what quilt it was.

sewyouquilt2 said...

love your basket block. this will be a cute quilt. Not fond of small blocks but it seems to help me hone my skills a little. and they are so adorable.

moosecraft said...

Great going on the basket block! I has thoughts about signing on for the sampler boxes from FQS... but, then I remembered that I received 4 "boxes of stuff" through Fig Tree Quilts last year, and haven't sewed on any of those projects yet? lol! Too much stash... but oh so many new stuffs being shown! :-)

Cathy said...

Love your fabric choices. I haven't made mine yet. Guess it's time. I love my Sew Sampler boxes. I can't wait till they come each month. Hugs

Aunt 'Reen said...

This sounds like a pretty fun box to receive each month.
Your basket block is really pretty! (I love basket blocks too)
Happy 22nd Birthday to your little girl!

Connie said...

What a fun idea for a BOM.